- Vilas County Zoning Permit Application
(This form is used for Zoning Permit Application, Demolition Permit Application, and Shoreland Alteration Permit Application)
- Vilas County Online Mapping Portal
- Wisconsin DSPS eSLA
- Wisconsin DSPS eSLA License/Credential Lookup
All tree cutting and land disturbance (filling, grading, beach repair, etc) are subject to permits or regulation under the Vilas County Shoreland Zoning Ordinance. Contact the Deputy Zoning Administrator for the applicable town before you fire up the chainsaw or take the skid steer off the trailer.
The Vilas County Zoning & Sanitary Fee Schedule has changed. Please click here for the new fee schedule.
Beginning January 1, 2020 Vilas County Zoning & Planning is no longer accepting EH 115 forms for any purpose. Any repair, alteration, tank replacement, reconnection, subdivision, condominium, property transfer or any other project involving a POWTS utilizing an EH 115 form for installation will require a single soil boring as deemed necessary by the Zoning & Planning Department. EH 115 forms are also no longer accepted for new POWTS installations. Contact our Sanitary Department at (715) 479-3619 for more information.
The Vilas County Land & Water Conservation Department has grant funding available for well abandonment. Click here for more information.
Agendas & Public Notices
None at this time.
Please visit the Vilas County Zoning Office for a more in-depth listing of services.
- Conditional Use Permits
- Erosion Control & Mitigation Permits
- Investigation of Zoning Violations
- Non-Metalic Mining Permits
- POWTS Inspections
- Review & Approval of Sanitary Permits and Soil Tests
- Rezoning Petitions
- Sale of Ordinance Books
- Septic Maintenance Program
- Shoreland Alteration
- Solid Waste and Recycling
- Subdivision and Condo Plat Approvals
- WI Fund Program
- Zoning Ordinance Amendments
- Zoning Permits & Inspections
Frequently Used Documents
For additional documents, or more detail on Vilas County Zoning & Planning Department Programs, please see the web page for the applicable program or contact the Zoning Office at (715) 479-3620.
- Vilas County Zoning Permit Application
- Wisconsin Sanitary Permit Application (SBD 6398)
- Vilas County Floodplain Land Use Permit Application
- Vilas County Zoning & Sanitary Fee Schedule (updated March 27, 2020)
- Vilas County Setback Diagram
- Vilas County Maintenance System Search Request
- Vilas County Mitigation Agreement
- Vilas County Onsite Inspection Request
- Vilas County Sanitary Easement Form
Ordinance & Code
- Vilas County General Zoning Ordinance
- Vilas County Shoreland Zoning Ordinance
- Vilas County Floodplain Zoning Ordinance
- Vilas County Private Sewage System Ordinance
- Vilas County Subdivision Control Ordinance
- Vilas County Wireless Communications Ordinance
- Vilas County Non-Metallic Mining Reclamation Ordinance
- Vilas County Metallic Mining Ordinance
- Vilas County Recycling Ordinance
- Vilas County Ordinance No. 18 (Highway Setback Ordinance)
- Wisconsin Administrative Code SPS 381 - 385
- Wisconsin Administrative Code NR 115
- Wisconsin Administrative Code NR 811-812
Permits are available at the Vilas County Courthouse or by mail.
Vilas County Courthouse
330 Court St.
Eagle River, WI 54521
Monday – Friday
8:00 AM – 4:00 PM
Vilas County Zoning & Planning is closed on Holidays.
To reach the Zoning Office: After passing through security, proceed straight ahead down the hallway, around the corner, and down the ramp. You will not need to use any stairs. Proceed straight through the purple double doors. The Zoning Office is the first office on the right, and the Sanitary Office is the second office on the right.
Please contact us at: (715) 479-3620 or email@example.com with any general questions, comments or concerns. If you have questions regarding specific properties, please contact the Deputy Zoning Administrator for that town at the addresses below.
Seven staff members serve the Zoning and Sanitary needs of Vilas County residents. If you have questions pertaining to a property or issue in a particular town, please contact the person under whose name the town is listed.
Jane Van Wormer