- Vilas County Zoning Permit Application
(This form is used for Zoning Permit Application, Demolition Permit Application, and Shoreland Alteration Permit Application)
- Vilas County Online Mapping Portal
- Wisconsin DSPS eSLA
- Wisconsin DSPS eSLA License/Credential Lookup
Happy Veterans Day! We are sincerely grateful for the sacrifice that each and every service member has made in the name of our Country. Our armed service members are truly what makes America great.
On November 15, 2019 Eagle River Elementary School will begin the NexTrex Plastic Bag Recycling Challenge. Receptacles for plastic bags and wraps will be available at five locations in the Eagle River area: Eagle River Elementary School lobby, Pick n' Save, Salon and Spa on Railroad, Incredible Bank, and the Eagle River City Hall. Please see our Solid Waste and Recycling section for more information.
The Vilas County Floodplain Land Use Permit Application is now available online. Please see our zoning tab or click here to access it.
The Vilas County Board of Adjustment is looking for two alternate members to serve three year terms. Applicants must be from the towns of Arbor Vitae, Boulder Junction, Cloverland, Land o' Lakes, Lincoln, Manitowish Waters, Phelps, Plum Lake, or Winchester. Please click the link below for details.
Agendas & Public Notices
- Board of Adjustment Carlin Club Rehearing - Town of Presque Isle (11/14/2019) Public Notice: Word | PDF Agenda: Word | PDF
- Zoning & Planning Committee - Proposed Shoreland Ordinance Amendments Public Hearing (12/5/2019) Public Notice: Word | PDF
- Board of Adjustment Traxler Variance Public Hearing - Town of Boulder Jct. (12/6/2019) Public Notice: Word | PDF
Please visit the Vilas County Zoning Office for a more in-depth listing of services.
- Conditional Use Permits
- Erosion Control & Mitigation Permits
- Investigation of Zoning Violations
- Non-Metalic Mining Permits
- POWTS Inspections
- Review & Approval of Sanitary Permits and Soil Tests
- Rezoning Petitions
- Sale of Ordinance Books
- Septic Maintenance Program
- Shoreland Alteration
- Solid Waste and Recycling
- Subdivision and Condo Plat Approvals
- WI Fund Program
- Zoning Ordinance Amendments
- Zoning Permits & Inspections
Frequently Used Documents
For additional documents, or more detail on Vilas County Zoning & Planning Department Programs, please see the page for the applicable program or contact the Zoning Office at (715) 479-3620.
- Vilas County Zoning Permit Application
- Wisconsin Sanitary Permit Application (SBD 6398)
- Vilas County Floodplain Land Use Permit Application
- Vilas County Zoning & Sanitary Fee Schedule
- Vilas County Setback Diagram
- Vilas County Maintenance System Search Request
- Vilas County Mitigation Agreement
- Vilas County Onsite Inspection Request
- Vilas County Sanitary Easement Form (Coming Soon!)
Ordinance & Code
- Vilas County General Zoning Ordinance
- Vilas County Shoreland Zoning Ordinance
- Vilas County Floodplain Zoning Ordinance
- Vilas County Private Sewage System Ordinance
- Vilas County Subdivision Control Ordinance
- Vilas County Wireless Communications Ordinance
- Vilas County Non-Metallic Mining Reclamation Ordinance
- Vilas County Metallic Mining Ordinance
- Vilas County Recycling Ordinance
- Vilas County Ordinance No. 18 (Highway Setback Ordinance)
- Wisconsin Administrative Code SPS 381 - 385
- Wisconsin Administrative Code NR 115
- Wisconsin Administrative Code NR 811-812
Permits are available at the Vilas County Courthouse or by mail.
Vilas County Courthouse
330 Court St.
Eagle River, WI 54521
Monday – Friday
8:00 AM – 4:00 PM
Vilas County Zoning & Planning is closed on Holidays.
To reach the Zoning Office: After passing through security, proceed straight ahead down the hallway, around the corner, and down the ramp. You will not need to use any stairs. Proceed straight through the purple double doors. The Zoning Office is the first office on the right, and the Sanitary Office is the second office on the right.
Please contact us at: (715) 479-3620 or email@example.com with any general questions, comments or concerns. If you have questions regarding specific properties, please contact the Deputy Zoning Administrator for that town at the addresses below.
Seven staff members serve the Zoning and Sanitary needs of Vilas County residents. If you have questions pertaining to a property or issue in a particular town, please contact the person under whose name the town is listed.
Jane Van Wormer